Revised and posted as of 7 Dec 2020
is owned by KAI Hotel Solutions Pte Ltd, (“KAI”). KAI is committed to safeguarding your Personal Data. Please read the following policy to understand how any Personal Data that you provide to us will be treated.
Your consent to this Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to KAI nor does it affect any rights which KAI may have at law in connection with the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
1.1 We receive and store information about you which you provide to us, or which we collect from our website when you make a reservation, submit forms or enquiries to us or via other forms of interaction. This includes information, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified or identifiable (a) from that data; or (b) from that data combined with other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time (“Personal Data”). Examples of personal data which we may collect from you include: personal information about yourself such as your name, passport/identification details, postal address, e-mail address, telephone or mobile number and credit card details. You may also be asked to provide further information including photo identification about yourself and your family members, such as the dates of your arrival and departure. In order to provide you with better service, we may also collect your preferences, e.g. smoking or non-smoking room, the preferred location of your apartment (low floor, high floor, etc.), type of bed, preferred newspaper etc. The Personal Data which we collect from you will be stored in electronic and/or in hard copy files.
1.2 You always have the option of not providing the Personal Data requested, or of withdrawing your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data (see paragraph 8 below), although please note that we may be legally permitted or required to continue to process your Personal Data in certain circumstances in accordance with applicable law even if you withdraw your consent. However, depending on the nature of your request and the Personal Data concerned (for example, if you do not provide us with mandatory information), we may not be able to process your reservation, registration, or request, or continue providing you with the products or services requested or administer any contractual relationship which may be in place.
2.1 In general, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you make a reservation (which, if made on-line, is effected by clicking the ‘accept’ button) or submit forms relating to any of our Products and Services (defined below);
- when you make a reservation through our reservation centre over the phone or interact with any of our staff, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, online forms, reservation chat, social media platforms and emails;
- when you use some of our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any membership accounts with us;
- when you request that we contact you, sign up as KAI member, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions (provided to you in accordance with your prior consent and with applicable laws), initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- when you are contacted by (in accordance with the consent provided by you and/or in accordance with applicable laws), and respond to, our marketing representatives;
- when we receive references or reservations from our business partners, online travel agents and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- when we seek information from third parties about you in connection with the Products and Services you have applied for; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies.
2.4 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true, and correct. In the event your Personal Data becomes inaccurate because of modifications, it is your responsibility to update your information with KAI. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Products and Services you have requested.
3.1 KAI’s primary goals in collecting, using, storing, duplicating, transferring, disclosing, and processing your Personal Data includes providing our Products and Services (for details see para 3.5), enabling KAI to improve our service levels, maintain the client relationship, respond to your feedback, queries, requests and resolve complaints, customer research, and other related purposes. To the extent, KAI stores and uses usage/traffic data of websites to establish user profiles to improve services and for marketing purposes, this will be done only with a pseudonym and KAI will not reconnect such data with other data. Users may object to the establishment of such user profiles (see paragraph 8.)
3.2 We may also collect, use, duplicate, transfer or disclose your Personal Data for the purposes of managing the administrative and business operations of KAI and complying with internal policies and procedures, including conducting audits, preventing, detecting, and investigating crime and analysing and managing commercial risks and conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud, and other related purposes.
3.3 We may also collect, use, duplicate, transfer or disclose your Personal Data in order to meet or comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on KAI, to facilitate any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales and to safeguard and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations, and other related purposes.
3.4 We may also monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation, identity verification purposes, feedback, respond to your queries and requests and resolve complaints and other related purposes. We will inform you about the recording when you call us and give you the opportunity to indicate that you do not wish for the conversation to be recorded.
3.5 In addition:
- If you are an individual using the products or services of KAI, or an employee of an organisation which is a customer of KAI (for products and services relating to, without limitation, our hotels/serviced residences/resorts (“Products and Services”), KAI may collect, use, duplicate, transfer and disclose your Personal Data for the purpose of providing you with the Products and Services which you have requested, facilitating the daily operation of the Products and Services (including but not limited to billing, customer service and customer verification), providing membership services to you when you sign up as KAI member, enforcement of repayment obligations, credit and internal risk management. We may also analyse your use of our Products and Services so as to help us improve, review, develop and efficiently manage the Products and Services offered to you and purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- If you are an employee, officer or owner of an external service provider or vendor outsourced or prospected by KAI, we may collect, use, duplicate, transfer or disclose your Personal Data for the purposes of managing project tenders or the supply of goods and services, processing and payment of vendor invoices and purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- If you submit an application to us as a candidate for an employment position, and have consented explicitly when submitting your application we may collect, use, duplicate, transfer or disclose your Personal Data for the purposes of conducting interviews and assessing your suitability for the position applied for, processing your application which includes pre-recruitment checks and background screening, providing or obtaining employee references, processing staff referrals and any other purposes relating to any of the above;
3.6 Marketing is important to our business success. We may therefore, from time to time, send you marketing and promotional material in relation to Products and Services (including but not limited to our e-newsletter) or products and services of our marketing partners which we believe may be of interest to you, subject to the consent provided by you, whether you are a current or prospective customer. We may also collect, use, duplicate, transfer and disclose your Personal Data for the following “KAI’s Additional Purposes”:
- conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences, and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programmes in relation to KAI's Products and Services;
- leads generation and management for marketing KAI's Products and Services;
- providing and/or marketing or offering other Products and Services and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty, and reward programmes from KAI;
- administering contests, competitions, and marketing campaigns or organising promotional events and corporate social responsibility projects; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid,
- in each case described in this paragraph 3.6, we will only send you marketing and promotional material where such practice is in accordance with applicable laws and, where required under applicable laws, with your prior express consent.
3.7 If you are receiving promotional information from us or your Personal Data is otherwise being used for KAI Additional Purposes and you no longer wish to receive such information, or to have your Personal Data used or disclosed for these KAI Additional Purposes, please see paragraph 8 below for more information.
3.8 If you have provided us with your telephone number(s) and have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your telephone number(s), then from time to time, KAI may contact you using such telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax, or other means) with information about our Products and Services.
3.9 In relation to particular Products and Services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use, duplicate, transfer or disclose your Personal Data. If so, upon obtaining your consent in accordance with applicable laws, we will collect, use, duplicate, transfer and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
4.1 KAI will take reasonable steps using administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised access, modification, alteration, distortion, damage, or disclosure. In carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about you with and between our related corporations and third party service providers. Some of these related corporations and third party service providers may be located in countries outside Singapore or the European Economic Area that may not afford an adequate protection to personal data or have protections in place which are similar to those in your country of residence. However, KAI will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data transmitted outside of your country of residence is adequately protected.
4.2 Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following parties (whether inside or outside the country in which your Personal Data was originally collected), who will each be subject to a duty to keep your Personal Data confidential (subject to any applicable laws or regulations or orders issued by a court or regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction):
- KAI’s related corporations, affiliates and third parties to provide Products and Services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your billing arrangements with us as well as our Products and Services, to maintain and operate our systems and/or services;
- companies providing services relating to insurance and consultancy to KAI;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to KAI, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call centre, security or other services to KAI;
- vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by KAI, subject to and in accordance with the prior express consent provided by you;
- any investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of our group companies;
- collection and repossession agencies in relation to the enforcement of repayment obligations for debts;
- external banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers for the purposes of processing payments made by or to you;
- our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
For avoidance of doubt, reference to any organizations or entities in this Section means reference to the organizations or entities and their representatives, employees, agents, and advisors.
5.3 What are Cookies: A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit our websites for record keeping purposes. Cookies are stored in your browser’s file directory, and the next time you visit the website, your browser will read the cookie and relay the information back to the website or element that originally set the cookie. Depending on the type of cookie it is, cookies may store user preferences and other information.
5.4 Which cookies are used on our website?
- Web Analytics - These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Session Cookies - These cookies are used to make the websites easier for you to use, and to enable you to navigate from page to page within each website more easily.
- Unique third-party persistent cookies, clear gifs or beacon gifs - These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information on you. The information collected via these cookies are used to build profiles of different types of users in order to better tailor our products and services to each profiled group of visitors.
When you interact with us on our websites, we may collect for the purposes of analysis statistical information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as number of users, their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the websites and common entry and exit points into and out of the websites.
We use such statistical information to understand how people use our websites and to help us improve their structure and contents. We cannot identify you personally from this information.
5.6 Information stored in cookies on the website is used exclusively by KAI, except the one saved by Web Analytics, which is used and maintained by Web Analytics and KAI, for statistical purposes. Our third-party ad-servers may also use the information stored in the cookies to customise your website experience.
6.1 We will retain your information for a term which shall not exceed the time strictly necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, or for our legal or business purposes. In any case, such retention will not exceed five (5) years after the last contact between you and us, unless you continue to have a subsisting relationship with us as a KAI member.
8.1 You have a right to access, update, rectify and modify the Personal Data we have about you. You also have a right to oppose, for legitimate grounds, to the processing of your information, including objecting to the processing of user profiles or to the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes. Should you oppose to the processing of your information for legitimate grounds, you understand that we may not be able to provide you with the Products and Services.
8.2 If you:
a) have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Policy;
b) or would like to exercise any of the rights set out in this paragraph 8.1;
please contact KAI as follows:
8.3 If you are a KAI member or a subscriber of our newsletters, you will also have the option to correct your profile data online;
a) wish to deactivate your KAI member account, you may deactivate your account by submitting a formal request via email to [email protected]
referencing “Deactivate Account” in your email subject title;
b) wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, you can update your subscription option online under “Account Settings” tab when you login to your account on our website at https://gokai.co/account/login
If submitting a formal request via email to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please include “Unsubscribe” in the subject title of your email to [email protected]
8.4 Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer, or your company), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to KAI on your behalf.
9.1 KAI’s Telemarketing Policy relates only to individual users of Singapore telephone numbers and was developed to comply with the Do Not Call (“DNC”) provisions under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). Our Telemarketing Policy for Singapore Telephone Numbers applies to KAI and our related corporations unless we have notified you otherwise in writing.
9.2 From 2 January 2014, the DNC provisions introduce certain changes to the way in which businesses may send you promotional and marketing messages via SMS, fax, calls and other means using your Singapore telephone number(s). These are messages sent to you with the intention of or advertising, promoting or offering to provide goods or services, interests in land, business or investment opportunities or advertising or promoting the supplier or provider of the aforesaid.
These changes will however generally not affect businesses sending other types of messages to you using Singapore telephone number(s) such as informational and service related messages, messages that are for business to business marketing, market survey/research or which promote charitable or religious causes, and personal messages sent by individuals.
9.3 KAI aims to comply with the DNC provisions and respects your choices to receive promotional and marketing messages:
If you have registered your Singapore telephone number with the Singapore Do Not Call (DNC) registry, we will not send you promotional and marketing messages via SMS, fax, calls and other means to your telephone number.
However, if you have previously consented to our sending you such messages to your Singapore telephone number(s), we will continue to do so until you withdraw such consent.
9.4 The Data Protection Officer shall oversee our compliance with the DNC provisions and the rest of the PDPA. Should you have any feedback or enquiries on our compliance with the DNC provisions or you would like to manage how we may send promotional or marketing messages via your Singapore telephone number, please contact our Data Protection Officer via the methods set out in paragraph 8 above.
11.1 KAI may from time to time modify, update / change this Policy to ensure that this Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on our website. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share your Personal Data, we will notify you by posting notice of the changes on the website.
11.2 In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and other translations of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
This Data Protection Notice applies if you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the UK and you use our websites (for example, to make an online reservation). It also applies if you are a customer to KAI hotel clients in the European Economic Area.
We are KAI Hotel Solutions Pte. Limited (“KAI”, “us”, “we”). The purpose of this Data Protection Notice is to inform you of how we make use of your Personal Data and how we share Personal Data with our partners. It also describes your data protection rights, including the right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “Your Rights" section. Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Notice so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
We may from time to time update this Data Protection Notice to ensure that this Data Protection Notice is consistent with our future developments, industry trends, and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
12.1 Collection of Personal Data – What Personal Data do We Collect?
When we refer to Personal Data in this Data Protection Notice, we mean information that relates to you. We collect and process Personal Data about you when you interact with our hotel client(s) and the websites, and when you purchase goods and services from our hotel client.
- your contact information (e.g. name, telephone number, email address, postal address);
- your financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, expiration date);
- information related to your guest profile (e.g. accommodation preferences, booking history, special health accommodations);
- information related to your customer profile (billing address, country of residence, preferred currency, marketing preferences);
- if you contact us or our hotel client, we will keep a record of that communication and any communications and correspondence with you; and
- information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and security reasons and to collect aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular, where a booking or a purchase is made on your behalf by a spouse, family member or employer, we will obtain Personal Data about you from them. We may also receive information about you from KAI hotel clients, travel agents, and tour operators with whom you have direct contact.
When you make a reservation or a purchase about another individual or communicate another individual’s Personal Data to us, you are required to share this Data Protection Notice with that individual.
12.2 Collection of Personal Data – How do We Collect Personal Data
Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
(a) when you make a reservation, make a purchase or submit an enquiry form or other forms relating to any of our products and services;
(b) when you interact with our hotel clients, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
(c) when you use some of services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us or our hotel clients;
(d) when you request that our hotel clients contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
(e) when you respond to the promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
(f) when you are contacted by, and respond to, the marketing representatives and customer service agents of our hotel clients;
(g) when we seek information from third parties about you in connection with the products and services you have applied for; and
(h) when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
12.3 Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
12.3.1 To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where we are:
- responding to your queries and requests;
- establishing or providing you with the products and services you request for (including but not limited to service activation, service operations, service delivery and order processing – for example, creating customer accounts and processing online reservations, processing any changes or requests relating to your reservations, providing our services such as room reservations in our client hotels, or usage of other facilities, such as restaurants, spas, meeting and event organization services);
- facilitating the daily operation of the products and services (including but not limited to billing, customer service, customer verification, and technical support);
- processing of payment instructions, direct debit facilities, and/or credit facilities requested by you.
12.3.2 As required by us to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- managing our administrative and business operations and complying with our internal policies and procedures;
- resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- analyzing your use of the products and services so as to help us and our hotel clients improve, review, develop, and efficiently manage the products and services offered to you.
- organizing promotional events;
- conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand the geographic provenance, preferences and demographics of customers to develop special offers and marketing programs in relation to our hotel clients’ products and services;
- legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- fraud and crime detection and prevention;
- IT security and maintenance of our systems;
12.3.3 Where you give us consent:
- (if consent is required by law), communicating to you advertisements involving details of our hotel clients’ products and services, special offers and rewards, either to you generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling and telemarketing). You may receive these communications from us or our hotel clients directly;
- When you share with us your dietary requirements or special requests that may reveal information about your health;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
12.3.4 For purposes which are required by law:
- legal and tax related purposes (including but not limited to dispute resolution and compliance with requests from authorities and law enforcement bodies);
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime;
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on us (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing information to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations).
12.4 Withdrawing Consent or Otherwise Objecting to Direct Marketing
You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communications. You may contact us or our hotel clients using the contact details found below.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to a month for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products and services that you have requested from us (for example, to confirm your reservation or to share important information about your reservation).
12.5 Disclosure of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
(a) Our hotel clients and employees to provide products and services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your billing arrangements with our hotel clients as well as the products and services, to maintain and operate our systems and/or services;
(b) Our partners that offer services you have requested as part of our services;
(c) Companies providing services relating to insurance and consultancy to us;
(d) Our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
(e) Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority;
(f) Travel agents and other third parties who make reservations/purchase on your behalf and with whom you have direct contact; and
(g) Any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data.
Where information is transferred outside the European Economic Area, and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request to the contact details set out below.
12.6 Retention of your Personal Data
We will store your Personal Data securely for as long as it is required in order for us to provide you with the products and services and fulfill the purposes set out in this Data Protection Notice, and for such further period that is necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (for example, our accounting and tax obligations), to exercise our legal rights and to protect our company from legal claims.
When you interact with us on our websites, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognize a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor's IP address, and a visitor's clickstream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
Cookies are small text files stored in your computer or other electronic devices which allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us. Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electronic device. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor.
We use the following categories of cookies for the following purposes:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies: To make our websites work correctly. We use these cookies to enable you to move around the website and to use its features – you do not need to consent for the use of strictly necessary cookies. These cookies usually expire when you end your browsing session or shortly afterward.
(b) Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as your language or your log in details when you return on restricted areas of our Website) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other parts of web pages that you can customize. The information these cookies collect cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
(c) Analytics cookies: To analyze and improve your browsing experience. We use these cookies, such as Google Analytics cookies, to analyze usage of the website and interaction with our content and communication, so we can measure and improve performance.
(d) Social media cookies: To enable you to share content. With your consent, we use these cookies to allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our website on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
You may accept or reject cookies (apart from strictly necessary cookies, which are always required and are not subject to your consent). You can manage your cookie preferences and provide or withdraw your consent at any time through our Cookie Preference Centre, available on our webpage.
Please bear in mind that if you restrict or disable cookies, this can limit functionality and prevent our websites from working properly.
For more information on targeted advertising, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to use certain services or enter certain part(s) of our website.
12.8 Your Rights
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your Personal Data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your Personal Data; and to obtain the Personal Data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your Personal Data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirements, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or our Data Protection Officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
12.9 Contacting Us – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
(a) have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Notice;
(b) would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data based on consent as set out in this Data Protection Notice; or
(c) would like to exercise your Personal Data rights,
please contact us as follows: